About Me

We are 5 fabulous individuals created in Christ. Jesus is our SUPER HERO!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" Matthew 5:8

If you read this passage out of the bible ... what does it mean to you?

Well, our pastor, Graeme Lennox, spoke about this particular passage today and it was absolutely awesome.

This is what I have taken from the message inspired by God for me today ........


Those who hunger for thirst and righteousness shall be fulfilled. The result: The Meek & Merciful - pure in heart - peacemakers


Now, you may be thinking? What does this mean? What it means to me is that the beattitudes (which are the blessings we receive from Jesus) are what we are, what make us who we are. These are characteristics of a true believer in our Lord Jesus Christ. The emphasis being the goodness of my heart. Being born again means to be charismatic about the spirit of God living inside of me. The purity of my heart. It doesn't mean that you have to be perfect to come to God, He tells us to come to Him with a pure heart and He will help us sort ourselves out! Isn't that fantastic?


Ref: Matthew 15:19 "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulterers, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies"


What this passage tells me is that it is not a bad upbringing that creates bad and evil people it is their hearts choice. They were born with a sinful heart! A change needs to happen in the hearts of the people ... a complete transformation needs to happen. You need to completely give yourself over to God for you to become a transformed person in Him.


Confirmation of the above can be found in Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things ... and desperately wicked, who can know it?


Now, the scary thing is this!!! You will NEVER truly see God until you totally surrender to HIM! A cleansed heart is allowing Jesus into our lives totally and completely. You cannot be a Sunday Christian! You need to LIVE Jesus!!! Daily ...........You need to live a full life in Christ!


Lord, give a pure heart in YOU!!!


You have to do this completely .. totally undivided, sincerely, no folds (you know, those little folds in an unironed shirt) ... would you take a shirt that is washed and left at the bottom of the washing basket and wear it out in public? No, I thought not. Now those are the little folds that need to be totally ironed out so that there are no hidden areas ... completely!!!


You have to be HOLY! This purely means to be set apart as God's child. Isn't that awesome?


If we have a cleansed heart ... what does it mean to truly SEE God?


Ref: John 1:18 "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him"


As christians, we can see God


*Through our Lord Jesus Christ

* The absolute wonder of the Creation

* Through history and life happenings & experiences


REMEMBER: Nothing happens to me without God's consent!


As christians, through our thirst for Him, we are being prepared to see the Lord face to face!

Colossians 3:5 "Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanliness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry"


We need to set our eyes to what is above and NOT on what is on this earth! For what is in store for us is beyond our wildest dreams and imaginations ... and is the most exciting thing that can ever be imaged!!!


How do we do this?

*We need to realise the evilness of our hearts

* We need to realise it is what God can do

* and we need to have FAITH in God


Set your eyes on Jesus! and we WILL see Him soon!!!!


This is truly so exciting and I feel so overwhelmed by the message that I heard today. It is so amazing to me that I am going to see my Lord face to face one day and that He accepts me as I am as long as I come to him totally and unconditionally and with a pure heart. Totally giving myself to Him to work an amazing work in my life.


I pray this now ...


My dearest Lord Jesus,

I give myself to you totally. Unconditionally. I surrender myself to YOU to do a wonderous work in my life. I know Lord that you have an amazing calling for my life ... and although I have back slidden from you, you have NEVER left me. You have been by my side waiting patiently for my return. I know that all the things that have happened in my life so far, have happened for a reason (from Year of your life to having a baby out of wedlock) ... I return to you Lord Jesus with a humbled heart and pray for your forgiveness for my sins. I know that I have taken alot of the wrong roads, but still, have found my way back to you.

I am SO excited to see you face to face one day Lord and I thank you Lord that you have given me 3 little beings that I can show how amazing your love is ... I thank you Lord that they are already SO excited about you and about all the great things that loving you brings into our lives.


You make me want to jump up and scream I LOVE JESUS with my hands waving in the air and feel as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I praise you Lord for being such an amazing and wonderous God.


In Jesus Name

Amen


I am going to set my eyes on you, and you alone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment